Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Well, one more day! We are all fairly bursting at the seams waiting to see what's in store for us! We all love to see new places, smell and taste new foods, learn how to navigate the culture around us and hear the new sounds around us.

The kids are pretty darned excited about THIS though:


The website says they have over 30!!!! attractions from wave pools to 200 foot water slides to lazy rivers to float away your cares on. Let me tell you, ladies and gents I am ready!


How about this??


I think sitting on a beach talking about anything but work, is just the ticket!

We have a VERY busy spring and summer with new teammates joining us, projects to get started and some funded (that means lots of proposal writing), and hopefully and new quilting group getting started- of course that one depends on if my funding comes in. But, I am very eager to get it up and running and sharing time with some ladies and watching them learn a new skill.

Anyway, I have plenty to do this evening before I go to bed. But the pizza pockets are made, the cookies baked, the other food provisions packed and ready (need to provide your own food for the 24 hour train ride); just one bag left- The Water Guy's of course! What is it with people who actually wait until the last minute to pack??!! That so does NOT register with me, but hey whatever, it's not my clothes.

Well, I promise to bring back a load of photos to share with you! Will Wild Wadi live up to its esteemed reputation? Will the "golden sandy beaches" really be all that beautiful, or will we just discover that what they mean is that you have to pay in gold doubloons to sit on them??

Until next time,

Your SteppeSister

2 comments:

Willow said...

Have a great time!

Maroo said...

It is possible to miss someone you have never met? I miss you on the boards. :)